Mynott Associates prides itself on employing, highly skilled, experienced staff, whose background in construction will ensure that they blend in seamlessly when working alongside the rest of the team and most importantly our clients.
Our employees are our most important asset and the only means by which we can provide such a high level of specialist quantity surveying services to the civil engineering and constriction sectors.
We place great emphasis on personnel training, CPD and guiding our surveyors through their RICS APC studies. If a surveyor is pursuing RICS or CIOB qualifications, our management team mentor them throughout the process.
To fit in and be part of the team at Mynott Associates you will need to be an excellent communicator at all levels, able to respond to queries confidently and efficiently to meet the needs of our clients in a fast moving environment.
If you have a background in construction, quantity surveying or another related field and you think you have got what it takes to be part of the team here at Mynott Associates we would love to hear from you. Please send us your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator (Part-Time) – Bedford Office-based
An exciting new opportunity to join a unique Quantity Surveying Consultancy business as Administration Support to the Pre-Contract Team.
This position is a new role in a developing and expanding company, there is an opportunity to develop not only the role but yourself along our journey too.
Initially the role will be Part Time, 16 hours a week, split over 4 mornings – Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 1pm.
Skills you’ll need, and you don’t need industry sector experience, are:
- I.T. literacy is essential, a confident user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, previous use of CRM software would be a distinct advantage
- Logically minded, have an eye for detail and like to get things right
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and programme multiple activities in a fast-moving business environment
- Have an excellent telephone (and email) manner
- Ability to work on your own initiative and exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to quickly change your working day direction to meet new demands
- Confidence to deal with clients and our project teams
- Be open to learning new things and ways of working
- Able to remain calm in a busy deadline driven business
- And of course, have a sense of humour
The duties you’ll undertake, will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Pre-Contract Team to meet deadlines.
- Proof reading manual calculations for final draft
- Data Entry checking
- The print and fold of technical drawings ready for posting
- Archiving of closed projects
- Be first point of contact for inbound telephone enquiries
- Maintain Contract Databases
- Supporting the Pre-Contract Team in the production of Bills.
The benefits you’ll receive, apart from an opportunity to be part of something for you to develop yourself, are a
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (Pro-rated if Part Time hours)
- Discretionary bonus based on company performance
- Pension scheme
- Death In Service Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Health Screening
- Gym Subsidy
- Reward Hub (Discount shopping, Wellbeing Centre including Financial wellbeing, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Fitness guidance and healthy eating assistance), provided by Reward Gateway.
- Training and support to learn new things
What you’ll need to do is
If you’re interested in the role apply now by sending your up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Closing date 25th June 2022
QUANTITY SURVEYOR (BEDFORD OFFICE BASED)
Mynott Associates Ltd is a leading Quantity Surveying business based in Bedford, specialising in creating Bills of Quantities in SMM7, NRM2, CESMM and MMHW formats. We successfully completed 300 projects last year, providing our clients with a clear and accurate measure for their tendered projects. Our vision is to be the best at producing bills of quantities to Main Contractors in the UK.
Due to business expansion and continued growth, we are creating an additional Quantity Surveyor Role. To be considered for this role you will need to have experience in Producing Bills of Quantities in any of SMM7, NRM2, CESMM or MMHW formats. You will be able to work as a part of a team, as well as working individually to meet tight deadlines. Have good communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to work for the ‘go-to firm of choice’ for producing bills of quantities, then please read on further.
The role will be based in the Bedford office.
Skills you’ll need are:
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Accurately complete required measures in the project specific method of measurement.
· Experience with on-screen measurement
· Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
· A sound construction knowledge
· Ability to multi-task.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to flourish with minimal supervision.
· Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Have a sense of humour…..it’s essential in our office
The duties you’ll undertake:
· Measurement of any aspect of building and civil engineering projects
· Managing client expectations concerning details of work
· Checking work and resolving queries with the team
· Supporting the Management team from time-to-time with technical support
· Liaison with clients
The benefits you’ll receive, apart from an opportunity to be part of a growing business are:
· Competitive salary based on your experience and ability
· 25 days holiday
· Discretionary bonus based on company performance
· Training and support to learn new things
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a full CV and details of your availability.